Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crockpot Pizza Chicken

About.com's Busy Cooks newsletter sent what I thought was a very interesting recipe this morning: Crockpot Pizza Chicken. Intrigued, I had to see just how to make it. There are just a few staple ingredients involved, and you can start cooking it in the afternoon. I was planning on putting some chicken in the slow cooker (outside on the back porch of course) early this afternoon so the kids can have a good supper after school and a work appointment this afternoon, so I may toss in the extra ingredients to make this pizza chicken. If I don't do it today I'll definitely do it in the next few days.

Crockpot Pizza Chicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, cut into 1" pieces
2 cups pasta sauce
1 cup shredded pizza cheese

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place in a 3-4 quart crockpot. Top with onions and bell peppers and pour pasta sauce over all. Cover crockpot and cook on low 4-5 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir well, then sprinkle with cheese and let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese. Serve over cooked pasta or rice. 8 servings

No comments: