Wednesday, August 6, 2008

She's on to something here

My niece thinks Parmesan cheese is a snack food all to itself. She saves the packages that come from the pizza place to nibble on and enjoy all by themselves.

We never really kept Parmesan cheese in the house until a friend came over and bought groceries to cook spaghetti. He got some Parmesan cheese, and left it for us to use. I've sprinkled it on the kids' food and had it some myself. I decided it was a good thing to have around.

The other night I was going to eat some macaroni and cheese that the kids' didn't like (if you ever think you should see how whipped salad dressing tastes in macaroni and cheese, don't) and I was looking for something to put on it. I was first hunting in the refrigerator for some ketchup and discovered a container of Parmesan cheese. I dumped a good bit of it on my macaroni and believe it or not, it actually made the less-than-pleasing dish quite eatable!

Needless to say I was surprised and decided my niece must be right about the Parmesan cheese.

No comments: