Friday, August 8, 2008

Parmesan Pasta with Turkey Sausage

I mixed up this yummy dish yesterday. I was actually going to put chicken in it (I had some chicken I had cooked the day before in the slow cooker out on the back porch) but as I was looking through the fridge I discovered a package of smoked turkey sausage! So yummy. I used to eat real smoked sausage in my days of super-high metabolism but I can't do that anymore. If you're not in the habit of eating the real thing, turkey sausage is really good!

Preparing the sausage was kind of tedious. I wanted the peeling (I think you actually call it casing) off of the sausage since my one-year-old would be eating it. I ended up slicing the sausage in circles and then peeling the casing off each circle of sausage, kind of like how you peel an apple. I couldn't help but wonder if there is a product out there on the market especially for peeling sausage casings. I'm sure there is.

It was worth it because my son loved the sausage. His six-year-old sister did too!

Parmesan Pasta with Turkey Sausage

Package of elbow macaroni
1/2 smoked sausage turkey link
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

Cook the macaroni according to package directions. While it's cooking, cut up the sausage and remove the casing. Drain macaroni and mix together with sausage, soup, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle a little extra Parmesan cheese on top.

You can add more sausage and use a whole can of soup, but I was trying to conserve the soup and I was getting tired of peeling sausage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks good and easy! Right up my alley! I hate trying to slice sausage. It gets all mushy and the casings get stringy. Its yummy though!