Saturday, July 5, 2008

Budget Casserole

You gotta love a dish named Budget Casserole! I'll give this one a try real soon! I got it from Recipes4Living that I was just telling you about.

Budget Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 C. uncooked regular rice
3 large onions - sliced
2 tsp. salt
1 large green pepper - chopped
1 to 2 tsp. chili powder
1 (16 oz..) can tomatoes
1/8 tsp. pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large skillet, cook and stir meat, onion and green pepper until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, rice, salt, chili powder and pepper; heat through. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Cover; bake 1 hour.

These have many variations. You can mix almost any type of vegetable, meat, seafood, and fruit. It's best to have these ingredients cut in similar sizes so they're all finished cooking at the same time. You can marinate beforehand and brush with your favorite barbecue sauce while cooking.

1 comment:

ShellyH said...

Hi Michelle,

You should join the foodie blog roll! I joined it a few weeks ago and it has brought alot of traffic to my blog. You can find the info over on my recipe blog if you are interested.