Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta

I love variations of dishes like this. I haven't tried anything with this type of sauce so I'm excited to try it! I have everything except the chive and onion cream cheese, so I may go pick this up today and make it for the kids.

I'll use my chicken leg quarters instead of breasts and my frozen chicken stock instead of the chicken broth.


Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta


4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 (8 ounce) containers chive and onion cream cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese



Place chicken in a saucepan, and add water to cover. Boil 20 minutes. Allow to cool, then pull meat into shreds.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine chicken broth, red pepper, garlic, broccoli, salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Mix in chicken and pasta until evenly coated. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: