Monday, July 14, 2008

Quick and Easy Egg Burrito

Here's something that reminds me of something I used to eat when I was pregnant with my third child. At 10:30 a.m. every day I would suddenly get ravenously hungry. I'd cook a couple of eggs in the microwave and then melt some cheese on the top of it, and eat the egg between two pieces of bread. Yummy!

This one is the same egg and cheese, but fixed burrito-style.

Quick and Easy Egg Burrito

2 eggs
Shredded cheese
Meat (deli, sliced, whatever you have on hand)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 flour tortillas

Crack the eggs in a microwave-safe bowl and stir up with a bit of water. Microwave for a couple of minutes or until the middle puffs up.

While the eggs are cooking, lay the two tortillas out on a plate and put the meat on them. Take out the eggs and put the tortillas in the microwave.

While the tortillas are warming, sprinkle some salt, pepper, and shredded cheese on the eggs. Cut the eggs in half and place on the tortillas.

This recipe makes two; just use one egg for one tortilla.

You could also put tomatoes, green peppers, and/or onions in this.

1 comment:

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

This is so cool. You know that when my son was about six years old, I taught him how to make his breakfast in the microwave while I took a shower before taking him to school and me to work? The first item I taught him to make was, you guessed it, eggs in the m/w. Wow! You just sent me down memory lane. Thank you.