Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Top Ten Kitchen List

Here's my Top Ten Kitchen List, otherwise known as my favorite things in the kitchen. (This could be interesting coming from someone who hates the kitchen.) It's a list of my favorite/most used kitchen items, not including obvious things like the refrigerator, stove, and oven.

Top Ten Kitchen List

1. Coffee maker. Well, duh! This one appliance makes entering an otherwise unbearable room a while lot more pleasant.

2. Vegetable chopper. My grandma gave me this wonderful vegetable chopper that I use to cut up and dice mostly potatoes and onions. I love it.

3. Mixer. I don't use it all that often but it sure comes in handy for mixing up pancakes and mashed potatoes.

4. Strainer. I have this green plastic strainer bowl that I use all the time since I make pasta a lot for the girls. The strainer rarely even gets put up in the cabinet because I use it again before I put it away.

5. Slow cooker. What's not to love about throwing some food in there in the morning, smelling it cook all day, and taking the lid off to supper in the evenings?

6. Can opener. I need it to open all my cans of cream of mushroom soup, tuna, and spaghetti sauce. (Hunt's Garlic and Herb is just as good as mine and only costs $1!)

7. Hmmm, I think that's about it. I can't believe I got this far, actually. How about 7-10, the coffee maker!

Now I'll go back to hating the kitchen!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am still looking for a good veggie chopper.