Sunday, June 22, 2008

The baby's favorite meal

My son, who is now 14 months old, has quite an appetite. He's also impatient, so I have to feed him often, and QUICK! He likes to eat meat and other cooked foods to top it off. His favorite is chicken, so I had been cooking him chicken in the slow cooker, which of course required thinking ahead, not one of my strong points.

My husband gave me this really easy idea that is so simple you'd think I could have come up with it on my own. But then again, I hate cooking and the kitchen.

You just take a couple of pieces of chicken (we have come to prefer thighs and buy the boneless skinless variety when we can) and a potato or two cut in half, put them in a pan with enough water to cover them, and BOIL!

Boy how easy is that? It's super quick too.

Sometimes I throw a little bit of diced onion in there for flavor, since he likes his food to be tasty and since I eat with him on occasion. If I feel like it I put some carrots in there too but you have to be careful about cooking carrots with potatoes, as the carrots take a lot longer to get done than the potatoes.

After we eat the food I put the chicken stock in a bowl and freeze it for the next time I make noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.

No comments: