Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Dress-Up


Here's my Cheesy Chicken Dress-Up, so called because of the bow tie pasta. (Get it, you are dressed up when you have a bow tie on! LOL)


I made this recipe up. I call it “dress-up” because of the bow-tie pasta! ;-)


Cheesy Chicken Dress-Up

Chicken (I used one leg quarter)

Cream of mushroom soup (about a half a can or so)

Bow-tie pasta (I used half a one-pound box)

Shredded cheese (about one cup in total, I used Colby Jack)


Put the chicken in a pan of water on the stove with onions, salt, and pepper, and boil until tender. When the chicken is finished, take it out and save the water you cooked it in for the noodles. When it cools, pull the meat off the bone. Cook the bow-tie pasta according to package directions in the chicken broth. When the pasta is done, drain it and add the soup, cut up chicken, and most of the cheese. Stir it all up with a bit of salt and pepper and sprinkle some more cheese on the top.

I served it with steamed yellow and zucchini squash, microwaved in a steam bag for about three minutes. Delicious!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That recipe looks good, I may try it sometime.