Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Supper from a gift card and an organic garden!


Here's the fresh picked, organic yellow and zucchini squash and cucumbers we're having for supper!

Supper tonight is coming from a gift card and an organic garden! Yummy!

We went down to a farm today to do a story about worm farming. Kind of yucky to think about, but those worms help that man raise some really gorgeous day lilies and a wonderful garden full of organic vegetables. He picked some yellow and zucchini squash and gave it to us for supper, and his wife gave us a big bag of cucumbers she had just picked the day before. All the veggies are organic and guess what they fertilize the garden with?

On the way back I stopped at Wal-Mart to get some chicken and pasta to go with the fresh veggies. I stopped there because I had a $15 gift card I earned on one of my points sites. I got a bag of chicken quarters for $5 and some different kinds of pasta and cheese. I used all the money on the card except for about 80 cents!

I'm cooking a couple of leg quarters in a pot of water on the stove with onions, salt, and pepper, and am going to steam a little squash for the baby and me. (The girls won't eat it, more for me!) I'm going to cook the noodles and add some Velveeta cheese to them when they get done and that'll be macaroni and cheese.

I'm looking forward to my gift card/organic garden supper and will let you know how it turned out!

No comments: