Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole

My grandma gave me this recipe today. It isn't her recipe but she makes something similar to this. I love stuff like this so I'm gonna give it a try. I may actually already have all the stuff to make it, too!

Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Stir soup, milk, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, vegetables, chicken, and noodles in 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until hot. Stir. Top with cheddar cheese.

Make it crunchy by omitting the cheese and using French fried onions. Give it a twist by using 2 cups cooked corkscrew shaped pasta instead of egg noodles.

No comments: