Sunday, June 15, 2008

Easy Chicken and Dumplings

My husband made some super easy chicken and dumplings for me not long ago. I consider myself a connosseur of chicken and dumplings, having been raised on THE BEST, and I pronounced hubby's chicken and dumplings an overall success. Here's how he did it:

You need:
Chicken breasts
Flour tortillas
Onions and seasonings to taste

Cook some chicken breasts in the slow cooker (Crock pot) with onions and seasonings. When they are done, pour the chicken and the broth in a pan on the stove. Cut up some flour tortillas and put them in the pot with the chicken. Cook until the tortillas are the texture you like. Viola, there you are!

You can also just cook the chicken in a pan on the stove and then add the tortillas when the chicken gets done.

My mom cooks a whole chicken in a stock pot, takes it out, separates it, and puts what she wants to use for the chicken and dumplings back in. For the dumplings she uses her biscuit recipe, which is awesome and a family favorite. She just drops small pieces of dough in there and cooks it. Now THAT'S YUMMY!!!

No comments: