Sunday, June 22, 2008

Keep the staples handy!

For someone like me who hates the kitchen and everything you have to do in there, keeping the staples handy makes mealtime a bit less torturous. Of course every family has a different list of staples, but here are a few things we like to keep in our freezer, fridge and cupboard:

Cupboard
Peanut butter
Crackers
Rice
Noodles of some type
Macaroni and cheese
Wheat bread
Flour and other pancake/bread/biscuit fixings
Mushroom soup

Fridge
Milk
Eggs
Cheese
Some type of salad/veggie
Jelly
Potatoes
Onions
COFFEE!!! (Nobody wants me to be without this!)

Freezer
Chicken (We like thighs and buy the skinless, boneless variety as well as skin/bone there)
Ground meat (I always buy ground turkey)
Frozen veggies
Ice cream (Yes in our house that IS a staple)

We also try to keep fruit handy for the kids and I like to have yogurt available for whenever I want a snack.

My son has also started eating oatmeal just about every morning so we have started keeping oatmeal (the regular old-fashioned kind you cook on the stove) and raisins to put in it.

Now I need to go grocery shopping!

No comments: